JVC GR-D347u Camcorder

This Christmas I received many presents. One present I bought myself. I bought a JVC GR-D347u DV Camcorder from Wal-mart. My digital camera that I paid $200 for about 3 years ago died on me, so I needed a new camera. I decided to search for a digital camcorder so I could record video and save it to my computer and maybe even make a DVD. I wasn't sure what kind of camcorder I wanted, because there are so many good options from Sony, Cannon, and JVC to Hitachi and many others. I think Sony's supposed to be the best, but the price is too high for me at $500- $600. I decided since I hadn't operated a camcorder since the old ones that weigh down on your shoulder and use VHS tapes, I'd better get one for a beginner, since I never owned a camcorder. So far, I really like this camera and hope to do some good videos with the help of my friends and post them on YouTube. I also need to find a good program to edit videos so I can create a more professional look.

Comments

Unknown said…
James
How did you end up hooking up this video camera to your computer? We have a new top and now sure what size dv cable we need (4 pin or 6 pin). There is no corresponding port on the laptop for anything but USB.We bought the same item at Walmart at Thanksgiving time. Thanks.
James said…
I found the Texas Instruments driver on the net and it worked for my camera. You have to get a firewire card if you don't have one. I recommend eBay.
Secretary said…
Sir James:
Since neither you nor I like to spend money my simple advice is to find a local library and check what is on their selves. A simple capture card comes with a simple program. Take a course at your local collge on editing video and use their system.

Secretary
Chef K said…
which does the comcorder use a 4pin or a 6pin
Jason said…
How much did your JVC GR-D347U cost?
James said…
My JVC GR-D347U was $200 at Christmas of '06. Currently, TigerDirect has one for $149 Refurbished. Mine was brand new.
Chris Livesay said…
So almost a year later, is the camcorder still serving you well? How do the still pictures look?
James said…
It does still perform very well. I use an emac to transfer and edit my videos because it has firewire built in.
lou said…
I just purchased one of these cameras on line and should be receiving it in the next few days.

Glad to hear the feedback is positive.

By the way, what is emac ??

Lou
James said…
An eMac is an Apple computer that was replaced by the thin iMac computers.
damon said…
Dear James,
I recently bought the GR-D347U from Tiger Direct - it came with no software. I have purchased a second firewire, this time a JVC brand. I have been working for weeks, but cannot connect the mini DV to the computer to download. You mentioned a TI driver - could you direct me to it or give me any direction? I would appreciate any help. Damon Waggoner
Unknown said…
Hi. I just bought this same camera refurbished. I do have a manual with it and it says it takes a 4-pin IEEE1394(firewire).
James said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
James said…
The Texas Instruments driver can be found here: http://www.yournewdriver.com/JVC_DV_Camera_Storage_9866.htm

Popular posts from this blog

Air Hogs Sharpshooter Battery

iPad 2017